Week of December 5, 2021


Coming up on the final run. 


The question posed by the discussion video is a challenging one. I am not certain I could say that either side is wrong. This is one of the difficulties I have with sites like Behance: the rabbit hole is almost more enticing than really exploring the site, getting inspiration, etc. Still, the sharing of information has the potential, I think, to really boost creativity. I have certainly been inspired this semester by seeing things that I would never be able to see without the internet. THat is a huge boon.

I think I have a healthy wariness of the internet, email and particularly social media. I have been threatened or bad-mouthed on-line and I have learned just not to go there. I have gotten sucked in and I have pulled back out. I don't, for instance, have email on my phone. I don't get notifications except for a buzz from my texts - and that is because we use this extensively in my job to communicate. And I allow my phone to ring, but I have strict hours where I am available. 

I have my own website already (www.ginnyshort.com) and am somewhat familiar with the www and the internet. Still, this week was a good dose of reminders. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog