Week of 10/18/2021

Mid term week. I decided not to try for three shots. I got three wrong but I think one of them should be correct. Unfortunately I can't look at it again to see which ones I got wrong. Stupid. If I had a paper test I could be studying my incorrect responses. That's how one learns. Not by being given 3 tries. I find that almost insulting...LOL. I can't believe how easy these kids have it. But I am 100% certain I answered the question about what was copyrightable correctly. This is one of the problems with this online format. It's a PIB to fix a problem. 

Okay, enough grumping about cheesy tests. (And I refuse to do it more than once.)

Working on the next weeks assignment. I am going to have to really work to get familiar with Illustrator. I have some background on both Lightroom and Photoshop, but not Illustrator. Yikes

Week of 10/25/2021

Crazy week. I screwed up the assignments. Not looking in the right place. From here on I will look in all the possible locations to find them. I was late on the vector illustration project. Yikes. I wish I had noticed it earlier. It was really challenging partly because I am not an artist and partly because I have never used AI.  All in all, although I would never show anyone but my instructor what I did, I did feel like I learned something. It was frustrating and time consuming. I did figure out that one really needs to plan to do these things right. There are things that would make it easier. Layers is just one. 


Almost missed the Adobe tour discussion, but thankfully the due date was wrong. So got on top of that. I tried not to get really into it, but it kind of infuriated me that the cost of this software is paying for such nice, cush jobs. Not that I think people should not have nice work places, but the cost of this software is really astronomical, especially if you are just a hobbyist trying to learn how to do things. That really made me not want to buy this software. Full disclosure: I have used the standalone versions of Photoshop Elements and Lightroom for years. I don't mind paying for that. I suppose it works out equally in the end - depending on how often one upgrades. I usually wait until its life is nearly ended...LOL.

Working on the 20-dollar bill. Not quite so stressful as the vector illustration project, but I hope it is not supposed to mimic the real thing. I am just playing around with it. 

I guess that is is. Will try to wrap this up tomorrow so I can start watching the In-Design videos and get a head start. 

Hasta la vista...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog