Week of 9/21/2021


Review of Computer Technologies and websites

I am familiar with most of these, so a good review. I did not see anything that struck me as something I couldn't live without at this time. I use a regular laptop or desktop, have an iPad (Air), I also have a Wacom tablet that I use with my computer. I may at some point play with using my iPad for some creative efforts. I agree that the Apple Pencil is pretty awesome, if expensive. I use Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Lightroom and Corel Painter Elements. Haven't felt like I could justify the Creative Cloud expense or even Painter. But that was part of the reason I took this class. It is just that the learning curve on CC is just too steep to do on ones own...and the expense does not justify that. So, we shall see..

I have a Flikr account...have for many years. Familiar with Shutterfly, not with SmugMug. Good to know. 

Christian Hubler and Knowbotic Research

I am afraid this one went right over my head. It was hard to hear, harder to understand and it was very fragmented. I don't really understand what I was looking at, and by the end I did not really care. 

Cathartic User Interface

Oh yes. Oh yes. I laughed pretty hard at this one. Not sure it truly allows me to completely work through my emotions surrounding technology, as was claimed, but certainly funny. Wouldn't mind throwing one of those balls...

Before Photoshop

Video not available. I would have loved to see this one given that I also worked on this before photoshop. I remember the first Macintosh computers that had some design capabilities. I forget what the programs were...I think maybe Page Maker?  I did not work on this much before I quit to go back to school.

Behance

Well, I went on to this video and did not find it all that helpful. I am not ready to start installing projects, just wanted to understand Behance. Not happening here. A lot of times these videos are for older versions, and it seemed like the interface  I have now is not the same.. (This is a problem I find with Adobe in general...their help videos aren't, well, that helpful and very often for older versions.)  That said, I figured out how to create a profile and put in my resume - which, BTW, has very little art in it. A neat little part of Adobe you did not know about, but I am still on the fence. Like most Adobe products, I do NOT find them user friendly. I suspect this one is easier than most. We shall see. 

Google Art and Transfer

Very fun app. Although the Art Transfer is fun, and the artifact one is also (I loved me as the scream...very apropos) I really enjoyed the Pocket Gallery.  Fun to walk through the various galleries. That was cool.

Google Photos

I discovered to my dismay that I had photos on this website. I never put them. One thing I dislike about Google (and Adobe, and Windows and Amazon) - they take over your world without you knowing...still, another good resource to remember.  I am pretty happy with Flikr...

The Computer Museum

I hate to sound like a proverbial broken record, but I would prefer to see this in person. I really enjoyed what I could see and the highlighted exhibits (still not sure why the toilets were highlighted) but there was so much more to see. A little bit of motion sickness viewing this. I think they could have done better.  But what a humbling experience. I wonder if the kids today have any idea....





Comments

Popular posts from this blog