Week of 11/1/2021


In Design. I had to think about it, but I do remember using this quite a while ago. I've pretty much switched to Publisher, mostly because of the cost. I think I had it back when Creative Cloud first got started, so it was still available as a Standalone product. 

It has been interesting getting to know this one. One of the good things about using all of Adobe's software is that many of the functions are the same across each product, or the same enough that figuring out the differences is pretty easy. Still, there is so much more to learn. I have worked my way through many, though not all of these videos. Pretty dense week.

The Printing Press tour was just absolutely fantastic. He was so engaging, and so funny that I was delighted to walk through with him. And, the history was also engaging. My ex was a printer and I learned how to run a small press back in my 20's, but never really learned much about the history. I did a lot of "typesetting" in my day, but this was not the same kind of typesetting. I forget the name of the one machine I used. This was just as Apple was getting popular back in the late 80's. But, this typesetter was a large box that worked like a darkroom, and it would print out my text on long runs of photo paper. We would then use wax to attach it to the boards. So, no metal type here. 

This was very cool, very informative. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog